Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Seder Meal for Passover

Dear friends,

My oldest daughter and son-in-law hosted a messianic seder meal for Passover on Monday evening.  My husband and I, my son-in-law's parents, and several other guests were invited to celebrate the annual feast commemorating the rescue and exodus of the Jewish nation from Egypt.  You can read the story here: Exodus 12.

We also remember that Jesus is our Passover lamb, sacrificed on our behalf to pay the just penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death.  Passover is a time to examine our hearts and get rid of whatever attitudes and actions displease God.

"Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."  1 Corinthians 5:7-8


The seder plate, each food symbolic




The haggadah book, with all the words
and explanations

My grandson, with the Elijah cup
that he decorated


My contribution - chopping the cilantro


Matzoh

The seder table


My daughter lighting the seder candles
  
My son-in-law, leading the seder,
and pausing to explain the significance
and add messianic details

I can't remember what all these dots of wine
that we put on the plate with our fingertips  symbolize,
but ten of them are for the plagues.

A yummy seder meal!
These seasoned potatoes, my favorite dish. 

See Smoked Paprika Roasted  Potatoes.

Seder guests
The other Savta (Grandma)

A friend with my daughter and younger grandson

My husband and I with two other guests

Beautiful yellow tulips
brought by one of the guests

More posts about Jewish Heritage.

Passover grace and peace to you,
Virginia Knowles
www.virginiaknowles.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. How neat! We're going to our first Seder meal at church tonight. Found your blog through Raising Homemakers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have the best seders. Our church has tried to do them, but in an effort to make the evening a reasonable length, they cut out a lot of the meaning and explanation that makes it rich. I might need to host one at my house and invite special guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love celebrating the Seder. Thanks for sharing this over at WholeHearted Home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails