Wednesday, March 1, 2017

"Sainte-Chapelle, Nouvel Esprit" (Feed Your Soul for Lent #1)





"La Sainte-Chapelle, Nouvel Esprit"

La Sainte-Chapelle
The holy chapel, medieval reliquary
Where pilgrims honored holy fragments.
In my eyes it is the glory of Paris
Not for ancient remnants, now gone 
But for the soaring stained glass
With shimmering stories of the Word
Cut into fragments of centuries old colors
Today's fresh light streaming through.

A holy chapel I want to be
With the Holy Spirit, le Saint-Esprit
Living and giving life within me
The stories of the Word, translucent
Illuminated by the Light of the World
A radiant sanctuary of the sacred
Miraculously inside this fragile temple
Holy chapel, new spirit
Sainte chapelle, nouvel esprit.























I recorded this piece, along with several others, at a classical concert in Sainte-Chapelle in Paris in October 2016. "Chaconne" calls to my mind the drama of the passion and compassion of Christ on the cross. 


You can find more music, photos and links here: La Sainte-Chapelle, the Glory of Paris.

  
Today is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent.

It is a traditional season of fasting from physical distractions. That should give us an increased focus for feasting on what feeds our souls.


I'd like to spend Lent sharing goodies to nurture the spirit: music, art, nature photography, poetry, inspiring article links. 


Along this theme of saints of the spirit, this came across my Facebook feed today. Saint Fred is an article in Atlantic Monthly about Mr. Rogers, the beloved children's TV personality and ordained Presbyterian minister who passed away on this day in 2003.


I am still pinching myself that I had this amazing opportunity to visit Switzerland and Paris with my daughter Joanna, who was presenting at a mental health conference in Geneva. I only wish I had more money to travel!  I realize that I neglected to send all of my Europe photo posts to this blog's subscribers last fall. Here are the links. 

Switzerland

Paris 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails