Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Musee d'Orsay in Paris (Europe #20)


Oh, Paris! I wish I'd had a whole week just for exploring art in Paris. As it is, I only made it to two art museums, the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay, and only had about two very rushed hours at each. It just doesn't do it justice!

The art starts outside Musee d'Orsay.




Musee d'Orsay is in what was once a railway station with a stunning light-filled arched ceiling.



This museum may not be as famous as the Louvre, but its artists are just as notable!

Renoir, one of my favorite artists...


"Dance in the Country"
by Pierre-Auguste Renoire, 1883

"Jane Poupelet"
c. 1901-1903 by Lucien Schnegg

"Liberty"
by Frederic-Auguste Bertholdi
(yes, this is the mini of
our own Lady Liberty)


a garland of lights

one of the lights from below
  

"Madame Pasca"
by Leon Bonnat, 1874


"Penelope"
by Pierre-Jules Cavalier, 1849

"Pommes et Oranges"
by Paul Cezanne

"The Four Parts of the World"
by Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux

"Le Chambre de Van Gogh a Arles"
by Vincent Van Gogh

"Roses et Anemones"
by Vincent Van Gogh

Self Portrait
Vincent Van Gogh

 "The Church at Auvers"
by Vincent Van Gogh

"Water Lily Pond Sympony in Rose"
by Claude Monet


I had to leave the museum earlier than I would have liked since it was closing, but at least the museum shop was open a little longer!

Big sigh. I would love to be there again. All I can do now is look at my pictures (these are just a sample of them), and visit the Musee d'Orsay web site to see all of the masterpieces I had to rush past...

Next stop, the Arc de Triomphe.

You can see my 15 Switzerland photo posts here: Switzerland.

You will find Paris posts here as I create them: Paris.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails