Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Books: Learner's Journal, Real Life Home School Mom & Common Sense Excellence

Dear friends,

Over the years, it has been my passion to share with other home school moms about how to handle the special challenges which we face as we educate our own children. These are the books I couldn't resist writing! I hope you enjoy them too!

Each July or August, I do a new print run of my three books: The Learner's Journal lesson planner and resource log, The Real Life Home School Mom, and Common Sense Excellence: Faith-Filled Home Education for Preschool to 5th Grade. I am planning to do take them to the printer in about two weeks, to be ready for shipping the first week of August. Since I am a home school mom and not a big business, I like to keep my inventory low and only order from my printer a little more than I need right away. Please e-mail me by Friday, July 24 to let me know which books you would like to order, including the titles, quantities, colors (for the Learner's Journal) and your estimated total with shipping.


BOOK DESCRIPTIONS, LINKS & REVIEWS

The Learner's Journal is a practical lesson planner and resource log used by hundreds of home school students over the past eight years. You will need one copy per child. Color choices are red, blue, yellow, pink, green, or ivory. As always, profits from The Learner's Journals will be sent to Malawi for the ministry of native church planter Pastor Headson Makazinga. It is $11 per copy. To see more information on the Learner's Journal, click here: http://www.virginiaknowles.com/learnersjournal

Review of The Learner's Journal at Eclectic Homeschool Online
Review of The Learner's Journal in The Old Schoolhouse Magazine


The Real Life Home School Mom: It's a Life in ReVision addresses the emotional, spiritual and logistical aspects of home school, though it does cover academics as they relate to these topics. This is a book for moms who want to thrive and not just survive the home schooling years! Since I have learned so much and gained new vision since I orginally published the book in 2000, I did a major rewrite and expansion of this book two years ago. This is reflected in the new subtitle: "It's a Life in ReVision." This new expanded version (over 175 full-size pages) is $18 per copy. To read the introduction and chapter summaries, click here: http://www.virginiaknowles.com/thereallifehomeschoolmom
Review of The Real Life Home School Mom at Eclectic Homeschool Online

Common Sense Excellence: Faith-Filled Home Education for Preschool to 5th Grade, a comprehensive subject by subject teaching guide with over 240 pages, is $20 per copy. I also revised and updated this book last year. To read the introduction and a detailed table of contents, click here: http://www.virginiaknowles.com/commonsenseexcellence

Review of Common Sense Excellence in The Old Schoolhouse Magazine
(scroll down to middle of page)
Review of Common Sense Excellence at Homeschooling from the Heart


ORDERING

  • Shipping in the U.S. is 10% with a minimum of $3.50. If you live in outside of the U.S., please e-mail me so I can calculate the shipping charge based on your order.

  • If you order 3 or more copies of any combination of books, you can take a $1 discount per book.

  • Wholesale prices are also available for orders of 15 books or more. Ask for information!

  • I would prefer orders by check sent in the mail. If you would rather order by PayPal, we can do that as well. Either way, please e-mail me a preliminary order right away so I can get a count of what I need to have printed. Then I will send you information on where to send payment by mail or PayPal. (My PayPal information has changed since last year!)

Let me know if you have any questions about the books or the ordering process!

Blessings,
Virginia Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails