Thursday, March 12, 2009

Come With Me Here....

My daughter Julia posted about her trip to Las Abras and San Josecito on her blog at www.JuliaKnowles.blogspot.com. The return trip include a bus that got stranded at a landslide, several hours of walking, and crossing (on foot) a river with a strong current.

At the end of her post, these words, which amaze and inspire me...
"You know what I was thinking this weekend? When God tells us to do something, it's not just a "Go do that...", it's a "Come with me here..." It's like he takes our hand, and says come with me, let me help you love others, let me mold you, bless you, show you. :) Pretty neat!!"
Pretty neat, indeed! This reminds me of Matthew 11:28-30.
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Go read her post for yourself! (And do remember to say a prayer for her!)

Blessings,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails