Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Gratitude: Lake Sybelia at Sunset, Lake Lily at Dusk

Dear friends,


I guess I've resurrected my Weekend Gratitude series, at least for a little while!  This weekend was a very special one for me.  So, I've split it into two posts -- one for Saturday and one for Sunday!  I'll try to do the second post tomorrow or the next day.


Early Saturday morning, my husband took our teenage son Andrew down to the church office so he could board the bus leaving for youth camp in Tennessee for the week.  I'm so thankful Andrew gets to do this!  


Then we decided to tackle organizing our storage room and getting rid of as much stuff as possible.  Our daughter Julia is getting married this fall, and we need room to store all of the great stuff she'll be collecting in preparation for that.  I loved working together with my husband; we made a great team of deciding what would go where, getting things for each other, holding the flashlight, etc.  I don't think there is any way either of could have done what we did by ourselves, no matter how much time we had.  I'm grateful that we can work together, and that we can make our home a nicer place to live, bit by bit.



After a long day of housework and errands, he wanted to get away with me for a little while.  I didn't know where we were going when we left the house, but I absolutely loved it when I found out!  My husband knows how much I adore taking pictures of nature, especially of the sun and clouds, so I cheered when we pulled up at Lake Sybelia.  What beauty!  I only wish I had my regular camera (which went with Andrew to camp) instead of just my iPod to take these pictures.  The ones here are just a few of the dozens I snapped.  At the end of this post, I'll give you a link to see more.



Our friends Dee and Jeff got married right here at the outdoor chapel area nearly 26 years ago.  What a sweet memory!


















The heavens declare the glory of God; 
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Psalm 19:1

Amen and amen to that!



Why is this tree glowing?  No, that is not a firefly on steroids.  No, there is not a light hanging from the tree.    It's just a lantern on a pole that happens to glow through the fork of the tree trunk from behind.  It's all in the angle, folks!





Not enough of lakes at dusk?  The sun is mostly down, but we're off to nearby Lake Lily, where you can walk all the way around.  It's one of our favorite spots for a stroll.  The fountain is so much prettier in real life.  I just couldn't seem to catch its true glory in a picture.


This looks like a Dr. Seuss style tree to me!  God has a sense of humor!
What a lovely way to unwind with my husband after a long day...  Oh, and we went to McDonald's for a hot fudge sundae and pie after that.  I'd call that quite a successful date!


I'm so grateful!


Where do you go that refreshes your spirit?


How do you cultivate gratitude in the little things?


You can see over 40 more pictures of our evening here:  Lake Sybelia at Sunset, Lake Lily at Dusk.


I'll post part 2 of this weekend's Weekend Gratitude soon!  (Hint: It's my grandson's 1st birthday party and more!)

Blessings,
Virginia Knowles
www.VirginiaKnowles.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails