Saturday, July 4, 2015

North Carolina: Mountain Flowers


My family just arrived home last night from a week in the Blue Ridge Mountains. My daughter and son-in-law own a large cabin custom built by his grandparents about 30 years ago. I'll post pictures of it soon, but to start this series, I decided to choose something simple: mountain flowers!

The first several photos are of what I THINK is rhododendron - my best guess with the help of Google Images. We saw these everywhere along the mountain roads, including the one leading up to the cabin. We walked down one morning to visit the creek, and I caught photos at several stages of blooming. I was fascinated because these are composite flowers, and some of the buds blossomed before the others.


















Gorgeous!

I am assuming these next two are lilies.





I haven't yet identified these other flowers. Any guesses?









Stay tuned for the rest of the series! I'll have photos of the cabin, a mountain creek, Lake Watauga in Tennessee, the Biltmore Estate, and more!

Here is what I have so far:
Enjoying the beauty,

Virginia Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails