Monday, August 7, 2017

Silver Springs State Park


My daughter Lydia graduated from the University of Florida on Saturday, August 5.  Since she also had two exhibits featured in a student art show the evening before, we decided to drive up to the area on Friday, visit Silver Springs State Park near Ocala, attend Lydia's art exhibit, and then stay over night.

My daughter Naomi drove all the way

Glass bottom boats at the dock

Me on the glass bottom boat


A sunken boat from the
early exploration era

Springs deep below the surface -
one of them releases 550 millon gallons per day!

Baby alligator

Turtles on a log

Sisters!

Daddy having fun





Statue of Chief Osceola




And the flowers!










1 comment:

  1. I'm from Florida..my whole life!.. And now that I live in Texas, I miss it. Thank you for the pics from my home. ( i lived near Silver Springs )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails