Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's a root canal, after all...

I went to the dentist yesterday with tooth pain that's been going on for quite some time. My dentist had already taken x-rays, which showed no problem. On a previous visit, he had adjusted an earlier filling to make the bite more comfortable. That had helped a little, but not enough. So after another normal x-ray, he did a tap test and an electronic pulp test -- still no problem was apparent. It was only when he applied extreme cold to the suspected tooth that I yelped loudly. As I continued to moan in pain, I could hear him say the words "root canal." I had been hoping all these months that we could avoid this, and I have to give him credit for trying to spare me of it! So, even though getting a root canal done isn't my favorite way to spend a morning (or over $1,500, including the crown) at least the end of my pain is in sight. I have an appointment on April 1. No fooling!

As a consolation, I went and got my hair cut last night. I've been wanting to do that for the longest time, but just hadn't had a chance.

Such mundane things, but this is my life, such as it is!

1 comment:

  1. I've had three of them already. What a pain! But you're going to feel SO MUCH BETTER when it's all over!

    I'm adding your blog to my blogroll. It will be fun to see what you're up to. Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails