Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Busy Weekend: Farewell and Birthday

It's been a busy weekend! On Friday evening, several dozen couples gathered at Sal's Deli at the Porto Fino Hotel to say farewell to our friends Lee and Jeannette Walti, who are moving to Italy tonight to be missionaries with their five children. I am sure going to miss them!






































You can see all of the pictures here: Walti Farewell

~*~*~

On Saturday morning, soccer was canceled because the field is still soggy from T.S. Fay, but I took Naomi to a birthday party. Then three of the girls went to a surprise party for Bethany and Hannah Walti.





This morning, my daughter Mary and her husband Ryan met us at church and then came over for lunch for my 45th birthday! What a treat!








My family knows me well. For my birthday I received three books, a CD, some potpourri, some scented candles in holders, two very nice hand towels, and a Gratitude Attitude bracelet. The books, which I haven't had a chance to browse through yet, are When God Weeps: Why Our Sufferings Matter to the Almighty by Joni Earkeckson Tada (the same quadriplegic woman whom the movie Joni was about in the 1970s), Eternity in Their Hearts: Startling Evidence of Belief in the One True God in Hundreds of Cultures Throughout the World by Don Richardson (missionary author of The Peace Child, which I read when I was a teenager) and King of the Jews: Resurrecting the Jewish Jesus by D. Thomas Lancaster (which was from my son-in-law Ryan, of course!). The CD, Asleep in a Storm is a remix of several Sovereign Grace worship songs. What wonderful gifts, and what wonderful givers! I sure do love my family!


















The most unique gift is a beautiful prayer shawl that my sister Barb knit for me. It has beads on it with the initials of each of my family members, so I can pray for them one by one. I had just been thinking of something like that the other day, and here it is! Thanks, Barb!


You can see all of the birthday pictures here: Birthday 2008

Thank you, everyone, for such a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails