Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend Gratitude: A Little Bit of Country with Providence




Tina
Dear friends,

Yesterday my husband and I took four of our kids to a picnic for our Providence home school co-op -- way out in the country at the home of my friend Tina.



When we arrived and walked into her kitchen, I was delighted to see all the country decor.  It's not my personal style -- I'm a suburban girl who goes for an eclectic mix of artsy, funky, classic, with only a tiny bit of country -- but I love to visit and get inspiration!  I appreciated how her house didn't seem cluttered.  I need to work on that in my home.

Stay tuned for the outdoor fun further down in the post, but first, a few pics from the house. (Thanks, Tina, for letting me do this!)



Dinner bell outside
the kitchen door





  
Now for the outdoor fun!

The big hit for the kids: a water slide.  One of my kids said she went down 40 times.  I believe her.



The other big hit: a hay ride...



And a trip to see the neighbor's cows...




Does that look like Mickey Mouse spots?





On the hay ride
after the water slide



Having a grand time with my hubby...



And my PHE peeps!


Jenny, Beth, Lisa, Virginia, Lesli

David and Lisa, friends of ours for 17 years


Grilling up a pile of burgers and hot dogs
for a big crowd!

I love these two ladies, and how they teach world history.  I was grousing to them about first grade math, though. I had finally decided to put my second grade daughter in the class this past week, but the homework packet I copied out from the A Beka book (until ours comes in) seemed way too hard!  Triple digit multiplication with regrouping?  No way!  That's when Rowena informed me that this was third grade homework.  I had mistakenly taken her to the wrong classroom on Monday!  Oh, duh!  Why hadn't I figured that out?  We all laughed hilariously.   

This little girl will be so pleased to get back to simple addition.  For now, she's enjoying a blue snow cone to match her swim shirt.




Country living...





A beautiful country drive

I hope you enjoyed the pictures of our day in the country!

Virginia Knowles

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss the country! Great pictures with great friends! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I grew up in the country, but I don't remember having so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fisherman sign! I have to tell my hubby that one! That looks like a fun and happy day was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and so happy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Servicing the residents of Lynchburg and Central Virginia, CVCC offers five types of HVAC courses according to a student’s desired specialization. It’s convenient location and the school’s good reputation gives graduates an edge. Technical Schools in North Carolina also offer accredited programs in HVAC. HVAC School in VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent site, keep up the good work my colleagues would love this. I have come some advice to about Hvac Classes Geneva On The Lake Oh nationwide. Thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails