Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When Pink Flamingos Aren't Tacky (Featuring: The National Breast Cancer Foundation)


I know it's only September,
but the pink flamingos are already flocking
on the lawn at Florida Hospital Winter Park!







October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I've been doing a series called A Worthy Cause.  This time, the featured organization is the National Breast Cancer Foundation which has a great rating on Charity Navigator.  Check out their very informative web site!  "The National Breast Cancer Foundation's mission is to save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need. NBCF accomplishes this mission through various initiatives. NBCF programs provide women help for today and hope for tomorrow." 

I'll write more in October, hopefully with some survivor interviews, but I couldn't resist sharing these beautiful birds with you.  The P52 Photo Project theme this week is Birds or Flying, and what better way to bring attention to a vital cause?

P52 with Kent Weakley

Actually, I have two pictures for this theme, just like I did last week.  You can find the other one, of two black swallowtail butterflies, on my Watch The Shepherd blog at: Advocating for the Vulnerable #4: Dignity, Decisions, and Liberty of Conscience  I think I've written some interesting thoughts there about how we influence others (for better or worse), so please check it out!

Grace, peace and health to you!

Virginia Knowles

This post will also be linked at:


3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love the flamingo flock with the one primary flamingo and the many behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer is never pretty! Pink flamingos are diffrent story! :) Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails