Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Kindnesses Remembered


A lovely miniature rose tea set graces our front hallway table right now.

I don't even know who gave it to us.

We found a bag on our doorstep one Christmas about 15 years ago, with toys for all of our (then) five or six children.  Someone was being very kind and very anonymous.

My seven daughters have passed down the tea set, sister to sister.  Every few years, I set it up in the hallway for all to enjoy.  It's lost a few pieces to breakage, but it's still beautiful.

And it still brings me to tears.

Kindnesses remembered.

It helps me to recount all of the ways people have been kind to our family throughout the years.  Listening long.  Sharing hand-me-downs.  Making a way for my kids to go to camp.  Teaching classes on interesting stuff.  Lending me good books.  Babysitting.

I am so thankful.  I want to do the same.

How about you?

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love.  Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality." 
Romans 12:9-13

Virginia Knowles
www.VirginiaKnowles.blogspot.com



This post will be linked at: 

P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley 

You can see my current photo collection here: Sweet Shot 2013.   





  • Raising Homemakers
  • Wise Woman
  • Whole-Hearted Home
  • Walking Redeemed
  • Still Saturday
  • The Sunday Community
  • 8 comments:

    1. Love the story behind the tea set. Wonderful photo.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sweet memories...even a glance around our home fills me with these thoughts of the kindness of others in so much of what we have. Makes them even more special.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is a sweet reminder of kindness. It's a neat idea to set it out each year. I also have items in my home that remind me of others...they really are the best decor.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I just decorated for spring with tea sets around my house. They are a reminder to me of practicing hospitality, something I love doing in my own home. I hope to pass them on to my girls too! Blessings!

      ReplyDelete
    5. How sweet. My daughter has been asking for a "real" tea set. This inspires me to go on a hunt and surprise her with a little extra kindness. ;)

      http://heartoffamily.com/the-courage-to-let-go/

      ReplyDelete
    6. So sweet and lovely... and yes, those kindnesses stretch across the lonely moments and bring reminders of His love, don't they? Beautiful words to think on today...

      ReplyDelete
    7. A beautiful story. "Kindnesses remembered." I love that. Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a lovely Sunday.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I have so many things in my home that represent kindnesses extended to my family! What a treasure to stop and remember them!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts with Thumbnails