Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmastime at Leu Gardens



A few weeks ago I visited Leu Gardens with my youngest daughter, oldest daughter, and three of my grandsons. I took a lot of autumn photos, including the decorations at the Leu House, a Victorian era museum home.

Today I went back with my two youngest daughters to meet up with a sweet friend and her two youngest daughters. The house is decorated for Christmas now!

Leu House


The table on the front porch, where visitors wait for tours.

Dining room


The kitchen with pine tree trim
on the curtain tops.

This is the same hall table as the photo with the
orange-brown art glass in my autumn post.
I love the shadows from the natural light
coming from the window.
Magnolias on the Christmas tree
in the master bedroom -
we're in the south, of course!

Out in the Gardens

Our friends are on the right.

Lake Rowena with visitor center in background.

  
I love the crisscross pattern of the branches.


/
Fiber textures on a rotting (bamboo?) stalk

Rose garden

This rose reminds me of
a peppermint candy cane.

In the butterfly garden

Papaya

Three jolly girls

Can you see them now in the bamboo grove?



Jessica and I are very old and dear friends
from our former home school co-op.
We have a lot in common,
including a passion for history
and a bunch of daughters.
(She has four, I have seven.)
Apparently we also both love purple shirts.

Camellia

I love the interesting pattern of these leaves!



Top of gazebo in the Idea Garden


God's beautiful handiwork!

More photos at:


More of life between
Thanksgiving and Christmas:

Grace and peace,
Virginia Knowles

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your lovely photos from the south! ( It's winter in Wyoming!) Thanks for sharing Virginia! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails