Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Five things that make me happy....

Dear friends,

I don't usually do this sort of thing, but this one's pretty cheerful, so I'll bite. I've been "tagged" by my friend Ann Rannebarger to list five things that make me happy. Ironically, I just wrote down "A Few of My Favorite Things" in my journal, so this should be easy.
  1. My relationship with the Lord, through the sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. This has deepened and sweetened in the past 32 years! I guess it's no wonder that my very favorite T-shirt says, "God is good all the time! All the time God is good!"
  2. People! Yes, I am a people person. First, my wonderful, servant-hearted husband Thad and our ten children! Then all of our family and friends who keep us encouraged and laughing. And my English students, because I love teaching them. (I can't wait for home school co-op to start next month! Providence rocks!)
  3. My cozy rocking chair next to a fully-stocked bookcase, which is where I read my Bible and books, and write in my journal.
  4. Music, usually piped through my beloved Sansa Rhapsody MP3 player, which was the gift from a dear friend. Sara Groves is my current favorite.
  5. Dark chocolate. Anything chocolate!

Oh, I would list so many more things that make me happy, but the instructions said five. Sigh... I guess I did manage to pack several things into each item, though! What is the penalty for cheating like this? Are you going to force feed me M & Ms or Reese's peanut butter cups, huh?

You are welcome to list your own 5 happy things in a comment to this post!

Blessings,

Virginia

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What fun, GREAT things to have on your list :)

    Thanks for participating!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails