Thursday, February 25, 2010

Orange Sesame Chicken (The Easy Way!)

Dear friends,

I love orange sesame chicken, but we don't often go out to eat at Chinese restaurants, and the stuff in the grocery store is too expensive. I've been trying to make my own, and after a few attempts I was sort of satisfied. Sort of. But it takes a lot of time to cut up chicken, and I couldn't get quite the texture I wanted. Then I had a brainstorm -- use breaded popcorn chicken fritters instead of raw chicken! So I bought a 25 ounce bag of popcorn chicken at Aldi (which was already seasoned with paprika and garlic) and stir-fried it with 1/4 cup honey teriyaki marinade, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate, 2 1/2 cups of diced baby carrots, 1 tsp of ground ginger, and 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds (which I purchase by the pound at a local produce market -- much cheaper). I served it with white rice. I would have used more sauce if I hadn't run out of marinade and honey, but it was still delicious! Give it a try!
~*~*~
Blessings,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails