Friday, January 6, 2012

Leu Gardens Again!

Dear friends,

I wanted to go to Leu Gardens (www.leugardens.org) in Orlando earlier this week because they have free admission on the first Monday of each month.  My four youngest kids and I picked up lunch at Chick-fil-A using coupons for free food from their calendar.  At the gardens, we were joined by my husband Thad, along with my oldest daughter, my son-in-law and toddler grandson.

I don't have time to describe each of these pictures right here.  I also uploaded these and many more to Facebook with a public link here.



My daughter Mary, pregnant with her second baby boy



Leu House open for tours




Lucky Stripes

Striped bamboo

Pink camellia


My husband Thad




I have a thing for odd tree trunks...


Floss silk tree

Floss silk tree up close!


Tree trunk rotted out by sending down new roots from the rubble
 



Bride and Groom bronze sculpture by Peter Otfinoski

Bird of Paradise

I love the red glow of the leaves in the sunlight


I hope you enjoyed these photos!
(You don't need to be logged into Facebook to see this since it is a public link.)

You may also wish to see a previous post with even more photos from Leu Gardens: 

My other photographic post with beautiful botanical gardens is: Weekend Gratitude for Family in Maryland and Longwood Gardens

Blessings,
Virginia Knowles



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails