Saturday, March 21, 2015

Tabebuia, The Brilliant Yellow Flowering Tree of Spring











The brilliant yellow tabebuia trees are in bloom everywhere around the Orlando area, but only for a short time. I see them in every neighborhood as I drive around, but this tree is only a block from our house.

I meant to get out and photograph it earlier, but by the time I found my way over there, camera in hand, so many blooms had already fallen. Even as I clicked away, dozens more floated to the ground. I do love the yellow carpet effect, though. I had to watch where I stepped, because the bees loved it, too, and were buzzing around my feet, busily gathering nectar and pollen. I'm not afraid of them, but I do have a healthy respect and don't wish to disturb them from their labors.

We do not have the traditional "seasons" in Florida. No snow, not much autumn brilliance. But I do try to stay attuned to blooming times of the magnolia, camellia, rain tree, flame vine, and tabebuia. I try to stay mindful in the moments and appreciate the beauty where I can find it. Then I memorialize them with my lens so I can enjoy them all year long.

How about you? 

Flowers in the Neighborhood:
All flower posts on this blog: Flowers

Most recent flower post from Leu Gardens, with links to botanical gardens posts: Flowers in Florida (A Bit of Spring)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails