Friday, February 20, 2015

Maryland Through My Lens #6: Sister Time in Sykesville


Short post this time! My sister Barb had an appointment in historic Sykesville, and I went along with her.


As we did last year, we savored crepes from the French Twist Cafe - mine berry and hers spinach and tomato with cheese.



We also browsed through an antique store and an indie bookstore (A Likely Story). I bought Susan Branch's gorgeously illustrated travel book, A Fine Romance: Falling in Love with the English Countryside, as a birthday present for my daughter Rachel, who hopes to travel to the United Kingdom this spring.


We have lovely and historic sites in the States, too, like the beautiful old Methodist church building nestled in the center of Sykesville.


We had driven through the countryside many times during the days I was in Maryland. I kept seeing these beautiful bare white tree trunks in among the brown ones. I hadn't had much luck getting a good picture of one as we whizzed by on our way to wherever. When I mentioned this to Barb, she pulled over so I could get a photo of this glorious one. What are sisters for?


That's it for my Maryland Through My Lens series. The other posts are:
Grace and peace,
Virginia Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails