Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Holiday Wassail

HOLIDAY WASSAIL




My friend Kelly served this wassail at a Rubies & Roses (mother/daughter) tea party several years ago. We made it for Thanksgiving, my husband said it was his favorite, and one of my young daughters asked for some more “weasel.” It is now a Thanksgiving and Christmas standard in our house. I must confess that I tampered with the recipe [as noted with brackets], but it still turns out great.



•64 oz. apple cider [or plain apple juice]
•64 oz. cranberry juice [cran-raspberry, cran-pomegranate, etc.]
•4-6 tbs. white sugar
•3 cinnamon sticks [or several liberal shakes of ground cinnamon]
•1 tsp. allspice
•1/2 orange covered with whole cloves [1 tsp. ground cloves and 1/2 cup orange juice]

Heat for about 30-45 minutes on medium in a large stock pot, or mull for a few hours in a crock pot. Serve in mugs.

You can find more recipes in my Recipe Box or visit my Christmas page.



This recipe is just a small part of my Thanksgiving Treasury on my web site.  You will also find these other articles there:
  • Thanksgiving Indians
  • Thankfulness?
  • Thanksgiving for the Heart
  • Holiday Recipes
  • Handling Family Issues During the Holidays
Blessings,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails