Thursday, November 19, 2009

Roasted Herbed Vegetables

Dear friends,

I joined the Get Fit wellness program at my local YMCA to try to lose a little weight and get in shape.  Unfortunately,  a case of tendonitis has slowed me down for a few weeks, but the program it still helpful and I am seeing some success.  Our group leader, Matt Korba, asked us each to submit a healthy recipe.  One of the other ladies, Barb Weller, sent this one along. 

I made it and took it to a potluck party last night, and everyone liked it.  Since I didn't have any plain rosemary, I used Bell's Seasoning, which also has oregano, sage, ginger, marjoram, thyme and pepper in it.  (I don't know where to buy the stuff; my cousin Margaret sent to me to use in my scrapple.)  I didn't use asparagus either.

Anyway, here is the recipe:



Roasted Herbed Vegetables 
  • 2 Large skinned Sweet potatoes
  • 1 large onion (yellow)
  • Red, Yellow and Green Peppers (I like the red and yellow the best)
  • Baby carrots
  • Fresh Green Beans
  • Fresh Asparagus
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Rosemary
Cut up all veggies and place in large baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, stir around to make sure evenly tossed. Add Rosemary spice (about one teaspoon or so)

Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, toss around and bake another 15 minutes.


Barb serves this with grilled salmon and the combination is really yummy together. Very healthy meal.


Hope you all enjoy!

~~~

I just realized that three posts in a row are recipes!  This is a first for me.  I only rarely post any recipes on the blog.  Let me know if you like these, and maybe I will occasionally post more in the future.

Blessings,
Virginia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails