Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Morning inspiration

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD." As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. Psalm 40:16-17a

Each day, I try to read a few verses each from Psalms or Proverbs, one of the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John), and one of the epistles. Reading at a more leisurely pace gives me time to reflect on the meaning more. This morning, I was particularly touched by the realization that as inadequate as I am to do all things to please God, he still "takes thought for me." I am on his mind, and so are you!

Whatever you are going through right now, even if you don't even have a relationship with him yet, God is thinking of you.

This brings to mind the invitation of Jesus to each of us... "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30.

I encourage to you read the rest of Psalm 40 and find out about he can put a new song in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails